I'm a fan of big banks in 2021, and Goldman Sachs is near the top of the list. In Q4, the investment banking giant demonstrated how strong its operations and earnings-generating businesses are. Below, I breakdown some of Goldman Sach's Q4 earnings numbers, and I also provide Tickeron's Artificial Intelligence-generated analysis for traders and investors.
- Earnings per Share: $12.08/sh vs. $6.99 exp
- Revenues: $11.7B vs. $9.65B exp
- Adj. Return on Equity 21.1% v 17.5% q/q
- Avg Daily VAR $84M v $91M q/q
- Tier 1 Capital Ratio under Basel III 14.7% v 14.5% q/q
- Book value per share $236.15 v $229.49 q/q
- Total loans $116B v $112B q/q
- Provision for credit losses $293M v $278M q/q; allowance for credit losses $4.43B v $4.33B prior
- Net investment banking Rev $2.61B, +33% q/q, +27% y/y
- Global Markets $4.27B, -6% q/q, +23% y/y (Fixed income, Currency and Commodities (FICC) Client Execution $1.88B , +6% y/y)
- Asset Management Rev $3.21B +16% q/q, +7% y/y.
- Consumer & Wealth Management $1.65B, +11% q/q, +17% y/y
Time to buy?